Thursday, November 6, 2008

24 hrs post-Bangkok call



Weng: So how was Bangkok?
Me: Great! Intense… gained 10 lbs from the hotel’s buffet
Weng: So where’s my Love of Siam?
Me: Oh, that! I tried really, but they tell me sa malls the film is ‘finished’
Weng: Finished?
Me: They mean it’s unavailable… must have ran out.
Weng: It’s a hot film anyway, I wouldn’t be surprise.
Me: I got you Last Life instead. yun Last Life in the Universe ni Pen-ek.
Weng: What’s that Last Life? Sci-fi?
Me: No, no, no you have to see it. Besides it’s the only Thai DVD with English subs.
Weng: Okay. Met any Thai filmmakers?
Me: Yeah around 4-5 of them and they have jobs. Day jobs in advertising
Weng: Wow, lucky for them. You’re such a bum noh?
Me: I know. I know…
Weng: And freelance doesn’t count as a real job!
Weng: Ano pa? Is Thailand better than Pinas?
Me: Mmm… they have their own alphabet. Ours is dead. They have a nice MRT and better tees. The Thais are such fashionistas… so hip. But it’s hotter there… like sauna-hot! Pawis to the max!
Weng: Ganun? So do I get a film fest tee?
Me: No you get a DVD lang. I gave away all the tees now.
Weng: Bitch ka talaga!
Weng: … and the gov’t called nga pala… they want their money back. So get your short done.
Me: Aack!
Weng: You have till Christmas.

No comments: